Welcome to the website for the
42nd Annual Scientific Meeting of SAPC
Wednesday 3rd to Friday 5th July 2013, EMCC, University of Nottingham
Hosted by the Universities of Leicester and Nottingham
Abstract submission is closed, the deadline was midnight on Sunday 24th February 2013.
Early bird registration deadline: 3rd May 2013
For enquiries please email SAPC Conference or telephone Sue Stewart, SAPC on 01865 331839.
We are looking forward to hosting the 42ndannual conference of the Society for Academic Primary Care at the University of Nottingham (UK) in July 2013. This conference is co-hosted by the Universities of Leicester and Nottingham. The conference is dedicated to the life of and we will be celebrating the difference she made through her life and work throughout the conference.
The last two annual conferences have attracted over 420 educators and researchers in the field of primary health care and the number of abstracts submitted in previous years has reached over 370 which we hope to match if not exceed.
The dangerous ideas was so popular at the 2012 conference in Glasgow that we will feature it as a plenary session in July 2013.
We aim to attract even more educationalists to join us this time and with this in mind we have introduced a new session dedicated to educational ideas and innovations in which four presenters will be selected to challenge and inspire their audience.
For those who submit your work on-line for presentation your work may be considered for one of these bursaries and prizes:
* two prize plenary presentations – selected from the highest scoring abstracts
* the NAPCRG/SAPC travel award
* the education prize
* the early career prize
* prizes for the two best posters
Here are ten reasons to attend:
1) World-class presentations in primary care research and education
2) Stimulating keynote speakers focusing on ‘making a difference’ through academic primary care
3) More dangerous ideas
4) New session dedicated to educational ideas and innovations
5) Facilitator led poster discussion sessions
6) Beautiful setting on the University of Nottingham campus for the excellent purpose-built East Midlands Conference Centre with high quality accommodation close by, easily accessed by rail, air (East Midlands airport) and road (M1)
7) Join our fun run around the University lake, try your hand at archery and visit our two art galleries on campus
8) Fabulous social events: drinks reception at Nottingham Castle and spectacular entertainment with food to match at the conference dinner
9) After the drinks reception try one of the many excellent and varied restaurants in Nottingham
10) Great opportunity to meet with friends and colleagues
We look forward to welcoming you in July 2013.
University of Leicester: Richard Baker, Raj Gill, Kamlesh Khunti, Andrew Wilson
University of Nottingham: Tony Avery, Allison Green, Denise Kendrick, Richard Knox, April McCambridge
Conference organisers: Sue Stewart and Sharon Pidgeon, SAPC
Contact: Sue Stewart