How to join us
Membership of the Society is open to all individuals who support the aim of the Society. Individuals must apply for membership on their own behalf, and may be asked to provide evidence of professional activity that supports the aims of the Society. Eligibility for membership shall be at the sole discretion of the Executive.
Members will have voting rights and may attend Annual General Meetings. They will receive the Society's newsletter and other benefits, and shall be liable for payment of an annual subscription.
Honorary life membership of the Society may be bestowed on those from within or outside the Society who have made a significant contribution to the Society or to academic general practice and primary health care. Nominations for honorary life membership can be proposed and seconded by members of the Society. Election will be by simple majority of members attending the Annual General Meeting. Honorary life members of the Society will have the same rights as ordinary members.
Benefits of membership
Members' benefits include:
- New from January 2008 – electronic subscription to the journal Primary Health Care Research & Development is included in SAPC annual subscriptions
- Reduced rates for the annual scientific meeting (ASM), providing an unrivalled forum for networking, and presenting and discussing latest research
- Membership of a network of researchers and teachers in primary care throughout the UK and Ireland
- Regular newsletters and communication from the Society
- Access to an on-line list of all members to help contact colleagues
- Full access to our interactive website via the members' area
- 70% off the subscription to Family Practice
- 30% off the subscription to British Journal of General Practice
- Primary Health Care Research and Development - included in the SAPC membership subscription
- 50% off the subscription to Education for Primary Care
- 25% off the subscription to Quality in Primary Care
To apply to join the SAPC: please use the online form to apply for membership
SAPC membership fees Membership fees for the subscription year 1 October 2011 to 30 September 2012 are £65 for medical members and £45 for non-medical members for payments made by standing order or credit card. An additional £10 is payable for fees paid by cheque.
Credit/debit card payments - click here for a form
All payment options - click here for information and forms
If you have any questions about payment please email the Secretariat email@example.com.